A dedicated workstation for the recording and enhancement of latent fingerprints
The DCS™4 is a dedicated workstation for processing latent fingerprints offering the complete solution to their examination from capture to enhancement to courtroom presentation as evidence.
Key to the effectiveness of the DCS™4 is the simple way in which enhancement software is made available to the operator, allowing complex operations to be applied in just a few clicks of the PC mouse.
DCS™4 features include:
- Image capture using a high resolution digital camera
- Photo Wizards - guidance on photography of processed latent prints
- Software toolboxes - a guide to effective image enhancement
- Image validation - authentication of original image
- Audit trail - logs details of image processing from capture to printout using simple language
Click on a System Component to reveal further details:
The Crime-lite 8x4MK2 high intensity LED ring light provides narrow band illumination for fluorescence photography plus white light and includes slot-in camera filters, a polarising filter and bellows to keep out ambient light.
Fitted with 32 high intensity anti-glare LED arrays configured as a ring light, the Crime-lite 8x4 MK2 provides even intensity illumination for forensic photography. Features an integral control unit for activating lamps individually or in combination.
LEDs CONFIGURED AS FOLLOWS;
- White emitting LED x 4, bandwidth of 400-700nm, 10 intensity levels, colour
- UV emitting LED x 4, peak at 365nm, 10% bandwidth of 350-380nm
- Violet emitting LED x 4, peak at 410nm, 10% bandwidth of 395- 425nm
- Blue emitting LED x 4, peak at 445nm, 10% intensity bandwidth of 420-470nm
- Blue/green emitting LED x 4, peak at 480nm, 10% intensity bandwidth of 450-510nm
- Green emitting LED x 4, peak at 530nm, 10% intensity bandwidth of 490-560nm
- Orange emitting LED x 4, peak at 590nm, 10% intensity bandwidth of 570-610nm
- Red emitting LED x 4, peak at 640nm, 10% intensity bandwidth of 600-660nm
- Bellows, to provide safety shielding and to keep out unwanted ambient light.
- Power adaptor, 90-240vAC input, 24vDC output.
- Pale yellow, 455nm 1% transmission at 435nm
- Yellow, 495nm 1% transmission at 476nm
- Deep Yellow, 515nm 1% transmission at 495nm
- Yellow Orange, 530nm 1% transmission at 510nm
- Orange, 550nm 1% transmission at 529nm
- Orange Red, 570nm 1% transmission at 549nm
- Bright Red, 590nm 1% transmission at 571nm
- Red, 610nm 1% transmission at 593nm
- Deep Red, 630nm 1% transmission at 613nm
- Polarising filter, 110mm diameter adjustable polariser with 70mm analyser
- 36.3 million effective pixels.
- Shutter speed 1/8000s to 30s.
- ISO equivalent sensitivity 100 - 6400.
- Hi-Speed USB connection.
- 8GB SD card
- Li-ion battery and charger, AC power adaptor, and USB3 cable.
- 105mm f/2.8G AF-S VR Micro NIKKOR with Vibration Reduction
- Internal focussing for fixed lens length and non rotating front element simplifies use of lens mounted filters
- Manual focus override
- Filter thread size 62mm
- 150W halogen light source with dimmer control.
- Twin arm 450 mm (18") gooseneck fibre optic light guides with focussing lenses,
- Green, red, yellow, cyan and daylight dichroic and polarising filters.
- Ring Light with polarising attachment.
- Back Light.
- Camera filters - polarising and super HMC UV filters.
- Small adjustable arm with clamp and base.
- Large adjustable arm with 2 clamps.
- Integrated software for fingerprint image capture, validation, enhancement through to final printing at 1:1
- Dedicated application specific toolboxes to simplify the enhancement of fingerprint images. Each toolbox provides enhancements specific to different types of fingerprint treatments and/or backgrounds. Additional enhancement tools are provided for advanced users
- Optional Photographic and Chemical Treatment Wizard is also available. Other optional software modules will be offered when available
- Automatic image authentication using ‘VeriData iDem’
- User defined case work management ensures all related images and support files are stored together
- Archive management allowing backup to CDs, DVDs and network locations. Monitoring of archive status ensures archiving is up to date
- Supported cameras: Nikon D3, D3S, D3X, D700 cameras are fully supported and controlled from computer. Nikon D2Xs and Fuji S2 Pro cameras are only supported for Windows XP installations
- Pre-calibrated and custom 1:1 image printing with options to print enlargements and non standard image sizes
- Simultaneous image output to multiple locations including local printers, AFIS and Minilab
- Administrator settings control allowable user activities
- Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1200 recommended, 1600 x 900 minimum
- Operating system: Windows 7 or Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese. Others languages can be provided at extra cost